Octanium Unleaded is safe for limited use in cars and trucks that have oxygen sensors and catalytic converters. Furthermore, VP's unleaded octane booster is a true engine performance enhancer that improves throttle response and acceleration when used as directed.
One 32-ounce bottle treats up to 10 gallons of gas. (38 liters).
VP Octanium® Unleaded Octane Booster Features
- Safe with catalytic converters
- Safe with 02 Sensors
- Eliminates knocking & Pinging
- Lead substitute
- Cleans fuel injectors
- Improves throttle response and acceleration
- Eliminates gum and varnish build up
- Increases horsepower
- Increase octane rating by up to 70 points (7 numbers)
Directions for UseIf you use VP Octanium Unleaded octane booster in vehicles with emission control devices (ECD), dosage should be limited to 2.6 ounces per 10 gallons of gasoline. Non-ECD vehicles can utilize up to 5.3 ounces per 10 gallons of gasoline for long-term use, or 32 ounces per 10 gallons of fuel for short-term use. However, this will require more frequent maintenance to prevent damage or coating to engine parts.
Frequently Asked Questions
An unopened can of VP Octanium Unleaded octane booster will last up to five years.
Both Octanium & Octanium Unleaded are safe for use in both 2-cycle & 4-cycle applications. The exact dosage will depend on whether or not your application has emission control devices (ECDs). If it does have ECDs, you'll want to use Octanium Unleaded. Please refer to the dosage treat chart above.
In a word, maybe. Octanium Unleaded may cause orange deposits on spark plugs as a result of its high concentration of MMT. As a result, we would recommend adding VP Fuel Cleaner with RP21, which is formulated to clean and restore engine components. In addition, you can also blend Octanium Unleaded with gasoline at specific ratios, which will add even more protection for emission control devices (see chart above).
If you refer to our recommended mixing chart, then you can use it with every fill-up (see chart above). However, the treat rate is different depending on whether your vehicle has emission control devices, which can be sensitive to prolonged use of products with a high concentration of MMT.
All things considered, there is a safe blending ratio for both emission control devices and non-emission control device applications when using VP Octanium Unleaded octane booster in every tank. Please refer to the chart on this page.
VP octane booster, Octanium, and Octanium Unleaded will work great. However, use Octanium Unleaded for vehicles equipped with O2 sensors and a catalytic converter.
- "This product is simply amazing, mixed correctly with 97 octane super un-leaded petrol. My car starts a lot quicker and is faster to come off 3rd injector. I have found that my car runs smoother now and pick up excellent. I also reset all fuel computers and went for a sensible/legal road trip over 30 miles, on arrival at destination checked fuel readout, for a 400bhp car it returned 43.4 mpg never seen these number before on car. Return journey same route back, driving fast/not legal , [ no thrashing or obscene antics ] fuel computer indicated 33.8 mpg better than seen before, usually around 28 or 29 mpg. Performance is much improved cleaned pick-up and real smoother delivery..." - rustysniper-2009 / eBay review on Google
- "Works awesome in my eco boost Edge ST. So I added a full can to 18 gallons and noticed my KR went to almost nothing when the tuner was tunning my 20 Edge ST Eco Boost. Tuner is like what did you change in your pump gas. I was like added this to my 91/E85 mix. Showed 98 octane on my HP tuners dash board. When I am preparing for a day at the track add a full can to a full tank before filling." - Snoopdog970 / O'Reilly Auto Parts customer review on Google