San Antonio, TX, USA
About the Organization
From a single location with two employees in San Antonio, Texas, VP has grown to approximately 160 employees with four company owned and operated racing fuel distribution points in Texas, Indiana, Georgia and Delaware, as well as a regional sales office in southern California. Each of these distribution points keeps quantities of VP fuels available for immediate transport. These locations put VP within a day's drive of virtually any major racing event in North America, meaning racers and sanctioning bodies can always count on access to sufficient quantities of good quality fuel. VP's distribution network now extends to Europe, Central and South America, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Pacific Rim. Together VP's distributors support a network of more than 2000 dealers around the world.
POSITION DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote products and services over the phone.
- Set appointments and follow up with prospects via email and phone.
- Maintain a high degree of product knowledge and service expertise.
- Promote and enhance company reputation by providing professional and effective assistance.
- Outbound lead follow-up.
- Contact current customer base on current marketing incentives.
- Place calls to customers for the purpose of actively promoting products and services.
- Effectively communicate (verbally and written) information with team members and customers alike.
- Perform other duties as directed, requested or assigned.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Must be able to work a minimum of 28 hours per week, plus other hours as may be necessary to complete job duties.
- Must have a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn and/ or improve in all aspects of the position.
- Must be organized, self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Must be able to work quickly to meet deadlines.
- Must possess written and oral communication skills with a genuine concern for the customer.
- Must have a strong desire for a successful career in education sales.
- Must have a strong negotiating skills that end with a positive result.
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma required; Associates Degree preferred.
- Computer literacy in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong speaking skills.
- Six(6) months of Customer Service and/or Sales experience is mandatory.
Must be able to speak, hear, see, read, write, type, dial, reach and bend.
Primarily office environment but may be exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes and oils.