Dear Customers, Partners, Vendors, Friends and Supporters,
At the outset, we sincerely hope and pray for the safety, health and welfare of each one of you, your families and your businesses. The COVID-19 virus has materially impacted us in ways we never thought imaginable, but we remain optimistic and hopeful for the future beyond this crisis that we are now living through.
VP has been, and continues to be, a very fortunate company, with a great team, good business partners and customers, and solid finances. We want to assure you that VP is taking all precautions and strategies to keep our team and community healthy, and to protect and safeguard our financial stability.
VP continues to operate at or near capacity, and anticipates timely fulfilling all of our customer needs. Our teams are flexible, implementing new and different methods to stay ahead of this crisis. Many of our products are being used in essential industries, such as first responders, military, and other critical infrastructure.
With minor exceptions, all of our facilities are operational and we have been assured by our suppliers that we will have the materials needed to continue operations. The vast majority of our raw materials and other supplies are from north American sources, and we do not anticipate any issues in the near future relating to difficulties with receiving products from overseas. We also have reserves of raw materials and finished product to meet the demand.
We are taking proactive measures and following the guidelines being issued, particularly those by the CDC, to safeguard our team and others. These measures include:
- Restricting all travel and other face-to-face meetings, relying on video and conference calls to conduct business
- Encouraging sick employees to stay home
- Ensuring that our sick leave and FMLA policies are flexible and comply with the recently enacted Families First Act
- Emphasizing respiratory etiquette, hand hygiene and frequent cleanings
- Requiring employees to self-quarantine if symptomatic, or upon possible exposure or unsafe travel or social gatherings
We will continue to monitor the situation and adjust our practices and policies as needed to ensure the safety of our team and community, and to protect our business interests.